Reporting to the Director of Sales this position serves as an integral link between our Key Account Managers, design engineers and our customers to create proposals that are market competitive; technically and commercially. The ideal candidate will demonstrate desire and ambition, potentially leading to an outside-sales Key Account Manager position / promotion.
Key Success Factor in this role is mastering a strong technical and practical working knowledge of our products and applications. The successful candidate will be trained, (mandatory) directly, for an equivalent period of 3 months within the engineering department, prior to performing the fully functioning Application Engineering role, on the Sales Team.
Key Responsibilities :
- Analyze customer specifications and requirements to recommend best-suitable product selections and commercially viable Proposals.
- Liaison between customer (needs) and other departments concerning all aspects of customer orders such as inspections, deliveries, scheduling, spare parts list, etc. to ensure proposal accounts for all aspects of costs and resource requirements.
- Provides technical assistance, information, support and guidance to customers and sales representatives to maximize sales volume and earnings, market penetration of products and effective relationships with customers. Develops specifications utilizing HCV equipment.
- Assist Sales Reps in winning orders by distinguishing Howden proposals and capabilities from our competition.
- Assist in preparing all required Order documents for Handover meetings to the Project Team.
- Maintain the required level of proficiency in application engineering skills, plus the use of Howden Application Engineering tools.
- Continually gather critical site information about Howden installed base for our CRM system and use it to prospect for additional opportunities.
- Engages with all business functions to promote and sustain a continuous improvement culture.
Experience, Competencies and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, mechanical preferred.
- Bilingual, French and English. Excellent written and oral communication skills in both
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience including selection and costing, preferably in the fan or related heavy industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills – active listener, clear and concise communicator, proven collaboration skills.
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with customers, employees and reps.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment covering multiple projects / proposals simultaneously.
Please send your resume in English at email@example.com (requirement).
WHAT WE OFFER :
- Join a dynamic Team and growing company; see HOWDEN and COLFAX;
- Competitive Salary and benefits (group insurance and pension plan), sales incentive plan ;
- Great autonomy and flexibility.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted