We are looking for a person with experience, autonomous and motivated who will participate in market development in the acoustical monitoring and geotechnical instrumentation sectors. With the support of the vibration monitoring department, the selected candidate will lead technological development, personnel training, establishment of procedures and project management.
• Market development, marketing, client contact, and networking.
• On site noise monitoring for noise impact studies and industrial noise control.
• Data analysis and compliance verification.
• Sound propagation calculations inside buildings and outside using specialized software.
• Evaluation of mitigation measures and verification of their performance.
• Establishment of instrumentation programs.
• Production of instrumentation plans and procedures.
• Coordination of the development of data acquisition systems when needed.
Skills and experience
• University diploma in engineering or applied sciences.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position.
• Theoretical knowledge in acoustics concerning the dB, human perception, sound propagation in and direct and reverberant fields and general methods of noise mitigation.
• Knowledge of basic measurement methods for pressure and sound intensity.
• Knowledge of the functions of a modern integrating sound level meter.
• Knowledge in the field of geotechnical instrumentation.
• Experience in the instrumentation of engineering infrastructure (dams, tunnels and mines) is an important asset
• Strong computer skills is essential.
• Proficiency in English and French (spoken and written)
• Valid driver’s licence and vehicle is required.
• Regular full time position, 37.5 hours per week.
• Place of work is located in Mississauga. However, the position requires frequent trips in Ontario and Quebec and occasionally abroad.
Region: Toronto, ON
Date of start: July 3rd, 2017
Number of hours/week: 37.5 hours
Salary: Competitive, according to record.