ROLE: How you contribute to Tembec
Provide project design and management services to build new or repair existing facilities for the site while maintaining quality standards and controlling costs.
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at Tembec
- Live up to Tembec’s values, principles and guidelines.
- Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, as well as applicable regulations and laws.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: What Tembec expects you to do
- Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support Health & Safety Program.
- Lead a motivated, efficient and engaged team and provide career development opportunities.
- Coach and mentor employees to ensure maximum performance.
- Supervise contractors as required.
- Maintain a communications program to keep your team informed regarding mill and department priorities.
- Report to the Manager, Engineering Temboard / Temcell.
- Prepare preliminary feasibility studies and capital spending requests (Capital Project Authorization).
- Supervise and/or prepare the detailed mechanical and civil design of new facilities as well as the selection of the required equipment and material for approved capital spending requests.
- Carry out detailed design calculations and stamp associated drawings as required.
- Prepare requisitions for material, equipment and services and approve invoices.
- Indicate specifications and prepare request for quotations from tenders and analyze and compare results.
- Manage all aspects of administration and supervision of contractors, as required.
- Prepare cost forecasts for each capital spending request with variances explained and proper corrective action taken as required.
- Provide technical assistance to the plant as well as commissioning, start-up and optimization of new facilities and initiate appropriate corrective actions as required.
- Classify and maintain all correspondence and documentation in an efficient and well-organized manner.
- Plan regular meetings with operations and maintenance to review the layout and equipment to ensure the satisfaction of all participants.
- Prepare reports, cost follow-up, schedule and project completion as required.
- Prepare the request for changes and budget overruns, if applicable.
- Apply uniformly throughout the site the mechanical standards and respect the regulations.
- Perform periodically an on-call duty in accordance with the pre-established schedule in order to ensure the uninterrupted operation of the plant.
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
- Education: Engineering degree in a field related to the position.
- Leadership and management and communication skills.
- Experience: 3-5 years.
- Member of Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) or registered as engineer in other provinces.
- Bilingual: English and French (written and spoken).
SETTING & LIFESTYLE: What to expect at the site and in the region
- Tembec’s flagship Temiscaming site has 850 employees in production facilities for specialty cellulose, high-yield pulp, coated bleached board and chemicals, as well as a corporate office.
- Tembec is upgrading the Temiscaming specialty cellulose operation with one of the forest products industry’s largest investments in years, underlining our commitment to the business.
- The town of Temiscaming has a population of 1,500 and the comprehensive shopping and services of two larger communities, North Bay, Ontario, and Ville Marie, Québec, are less than an hour’s drive away.
- The area appeals to outdoor enthusiasts, offering many recreational activities and facilities.
TEMBEC IN BRIEF
Tembec is a manufacturer of forest products – lumber, pulp, paper and specialty cellulose – and a global leader in sustainable forest management practices. Principal operations are in Canada and France. Tembec has some 3,000 employees and annual sales of approximately $1.5 billion. Tembec is listed on the TSX (TMB).
Only selected applicants will be notified.
TO APPLY: https://tembec.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=apply&jobOrderID=8705687&portalID=22790