Assess Training Needs
- Assess training needs by consulting with various stakeholders including the Hospital Executive Director, the Director of Administrative and Finance Services, General Services Coordinator, and other staff.
- Observe behaviors and patterns to determine gaps and training needs. Determine guiding principles for skills transfer in agreement with HSM management.
- Establish a basic training plan to suit project timelines, specific hospital work area needs, and to minimize work-place disruption.
- Develop training materials.
- Provide training according to identified needs in a number of facilities management areas such as : Water and Sanitation, Medical Gas, Energy, Bio-Medical Equipment, Waste Management , Quality Air Systems and fire protection (hazard management).
- Tailor training to Ministère de la Santé Publique et de la Population (MSPP) guidelines and regulations.
- Train staff on the relevance of preventative maintenance planning and implementation and assist with development of plans.
- Implement hospital best practices into training and knowledge transfer protocols.
- Transfer knowledge in a structured controlled environment, provides hands-on, on-site training and knowledge development.
- Provide written reports as required for the Project.
- Build collaborative and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Health Project Manager in Jacmel, the Project Manager at CRC National Office, Country Representative and other representatives at the Jacmel CRC office.
Security and Risk Management
- Support the Country Representative in ensuring Risk and Security management including continuous assessment, analysis, contingency planning, as to safety, well-being, risk of corruption, reputation, and unwarranted delays.
Support the Country Representative to ensure effective security management and security protocols including, but not limited to, the development and maintenance of business continuity and evacuation plans.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience in hospital facilities management or similar role.
- Relevant University degree, with preference of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management or equivalent.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with professional, technical, management and clerical staff; ability to prepare reports and evaluation reports.
- Aptitude for teaching and training, both through on-the-job mentorship opportunities and through structured training programs.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently deal with multiple projects, conflicting timelines and changing priorities.
- Ability to fluently read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in French and some English. Creole is a plus.
- Personal and professional commitment to the mission, mandate and goals of the CRC and support the long-term development of Haiti.
- Strong people management experience, including the demonstrated ability to work respectfully, productively, and with humility across cultures.
- Experience living and working in resource-limited environments is strongly preferred.
- Ability to be flexible and effective in the face of unexpected challenges, materials shortages, policy changes and other sudden changes; as well as the willingness to accept a standard of living that is clean and comfortable but very simple.