Senior Enterprise Systems Specialist
BAKER LAKE, NU – Ref. No. QEC-17-002
If you’re an experienced software system specialist, administrator or analyst, this is a great opportunity to take the lead in delivering support and training, and to develop best practices for internal customers and business units to ensure the efficient use of enterprise software systems in fulfilling business objectives. Reporting to the Director and/or the Manager of Information Technology, you will manage, monitor and support all enterprise software systems, related databases, and associated projects, alongside the Enterprise Systems Specialist through training and coaching.
As a Senior Enterprise Systems Specialist, you will draw on your proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and support internal customers on all issues related to enterprise software and related systems. You will also provide leadership in directing, evaluating, maintaining, reviewing and managing corporate database resources and services across the organization to ensure the highest level of data quality, and will develop, implement and oversee database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and continuity of QEC databases and associated software.
This Senior Enterprise Systems Specialist role may also involve designing, installing, monitoring, maintaining and performance-tuning production databases while maintaining systems and databases to ensure their effective functioning and the continuity of the Corporation’s day-to-day business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Developing and administering strategies to control and share QEC database resources and services;
• Developing long-term goals for enterprise software systems in conjunction with data owners and department managers;
• Keeping detailed, accurate records of enterprise software systems setup, structure and security, and up-to-date documentation on all policies, procedures and processes;
• Developing requirements and schedules, and providing project design and management for enterprise software system initiatives;
• Providing system security and data audits and ensuring that all support incidents and resolutions are documented, as required by internal IT policies;
• Ensuring the continuous development of a self-help support knowledgebase for internal customers;
• Ensuring the security, stability and reliability of data access and data quality across the organization via ongoing database support and maintenance;
• Monitoring database system details, including stored procedures and execution time, and implementing efficiency improvements;
• Designing and implementing redundant systems, policies and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets;
• Ensuring that project deliverables are being completed on time, on budget and to defined expectations;
• Proactively managing foreseen project risks, mitigating as necessary;
• Managing changes without unduly affecting the project’s stated objectives and benefits; and
• Reviewing the work of others, providing feedback, identifying knowledge gaps, developing training plans, and providing one-on-one training and coaching, where necessary.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary training in the Information Technology field from an accredited college or university and at least 4 years’ experience in a software system specialist, administrator or analyst position, OR 8+ years’ experience in a software system specialist/administrator/analyst position;
• Minimum 5 years of significant work experience supporting ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains preferred).
• In-depth experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques;
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws;
• Advanced data and report analysis skills;
• Advanced Microsoft SQL Server database and ERP software experience (Microsoft Great Plains preferred);
• Experience with utility billing is an asset;
• Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
• Strong technical documentation skills;
• Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards and products, present ideas in user-friendly language, and prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; and
• A combination of education and experience will be considered.
We offer a starting salary of $93,931 per annum and a comprehensive benefits package, including a Northern Living Allowance of $24,381 per annum. This position is included in the Nunavut Employees Union. Subsidized staff housing is available.
Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
Apply in writing, by February 17th, 2017, to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.