Envirosystems Incorporated is one of the most innovative industrial service providers in North America, delivering “LOCAL EXPERTISE, COAST TO COAST”; delivering new technology and methods that transform industrial processes, we excel at expediting turnaround and shutdown needs during critical path outages to meet key timelines. At Envirosystems, our goal is to create enduring partnerships with our customers. More than just a service provider, we are invested in our customers’ long-term success. Across North America, leading businesses trust our companies to deliver. Our experienced workforce utilizes hundreds of pieces of advanced equipment, including vacuum units, high pressure units, exchanger cleaning equipment, modern robotic equipment, and specialized industrial equipment.
An unrelenting commitment to health and safety is the number one priority of every Envirosystems company. A core value that is central to everything we do.
Envirosystems is looking for an Operations Manager for our location in Niagara, ON. The Operations Manager will report to the Vice President of Niagara Operations.
- Oversee hydro trenching, sewer flushing type work and associated services activities;
- Coordination of dispatching of the Hydrovac units and other equipment as required;
- Ensure all persons on the work sites are properly trained and are using the required personal protective equipment properly and at all times;
- Ensure all employees are performing duties in compliance with company policies and standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery;
- Manage job site administration duties, such as reviewing/submitting employee timesheets, and completing/maintaining daily logs;
- Complete inspections periodically throughout the contract to ensure client specifications are being met;
- Ensure proper manpower levels are available onsite each day to ensure project completion;
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development;
- Develop a strong team approach with employees;
- Perform estimates and budget development for projects;
- Handle employee complaints and incidents, including conflict resolution, accidents, health and safety concerns, work refusals, and investigations in conjunction with the Regional Health & Safety Advisors and People Services;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records that are in compliance with legislative requirements;
- Manage and monitor project resources;
- Maintain existing customer relationships and establish new prospects;
- Assist with maintenance requirements as necessary;
- Ensure compliance with collective agreements and industry regulations;
- Manage union grievances as they arise and participate in fostering positive labour relations;
- Other duties and project work as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in a related field preferably a Civil Engineering Technologist (CET) diploma/certification or a certificate in Infrastructure Management;
- Class G driver’s license and proof of an acceptable drivers abstract;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an operational management role;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a related industry;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Ability to manage coordination efforts with various parties under minimal supervision;
- Strong knowledge of health and safety, MOE and MTO regulations;
- Proven experience preparing and conducting post-implementation evaluations;
- Ability to create realistic schedules to support the timely completion of similar industry projects;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures;
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands under strict deadlines;
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports;
- Strong business acumen and customer service orientation to build strong long term value-added relationships;
- The ability to hire and manage a team of hydrovac crews including labourers and operators;
- Positive attitude and willing to take on new challenges;
- Able to relate well to a wide variety of people (field and office);
- Professional approach to business;
- Basic computer & organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exposure to hazards associated with the industry/trade;
- Periods of physically demanding conditions;
- Exposure to conditions including heat, humidity, cold and dust;
- Use of required personal protective equipment;
- Office environment conditions;
- Flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
As a full time, permanent employee you would be eligible for the Company’s pension plan and competitive, comprehensive group benefit package including an Employee & Family Assistance Program. Closing date to accept applications is midnight, January 31, 2017.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all those who apply however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada.